I am an oceanographer who also works on lakes (or limnologist who works
on the ocean).
I completed my PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Virginia
Tech in 2003. My research included lake and reservoir management.
My current activities include:
- Benthic and water column turbulence and biogeochemical processes
- Bubble and plume and aquatic system modeling
- Climate effects on lakes and oceans
- Greenhouse gas transport and emissions from aquatic systems
- Processes at the sediment-water interface
- Aquatic Eddy Correlation technique
Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland
Phone: +49 (0)1573 552 7522
Daniel F. McGinnis
I am pleased to have finished and officially released
my eddy correlation software SOHFEA out into the
Visit the webpage here: SOHFEA
I have also provided and worked through a dissolved
oxygen and temperature data set from the Baltic Sea
as an example, available here: Sample Data
I hope to hear your feedback and comments if you
use the SOHFEA software package.
Good luck and have fun!
Eddy correlation system
Bubble plume (McGinnis et al. 2004)