- The Panarea (Italy) natural CO2 seeps: Fate and impact of the
leaking gas (PaCO2). Eurofleets.
- Methane Emissions from Impounded Rivers: A process-based study
at River Saar (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), 2010 -
- Fluid- and gas emanations offshore Saudi Arabia (Red Sea)
(Germany, 2010 - 2011)*
- Methane and benthic fluxes in the North Sea
(SDNS - Suedliche Deutsche Nordsee, 2008 - 2010).
- Turbulence and fluxes in stratified natural waters
(NF Switzerland, 2003 - 2008).
- The role of lake sediments in the carbon cycle
(NF Switzerland, 2006 - 2008).
- New Vents: New Zealand Cold Vents and their association with
gas hydrates and their impact on local, regional and global
methane and carbon cycles (IFM-GEOMAR, 2007 - 2008).
- CRIMEA: Contribution of high-intensity gas seeps in the Black Sea to
methane emission to the atmosphere (EU, 2003 - 2006).
- Hypolimnetic oxygenation: Coupling bubble-plume and reservoir
models (NSF USA, 2000 - 2003).
- Nutrient retention capacity of the Iron Gate Reservoir
(SCOPES, 2001 - 2002).
Collaborative Research Projects
- RV Urania, Mediterranean, July 27 - 1 August, 2011. Cruise Leader.
- RV Poseidon, Red Sea, February 1 - February 20, 2011. CTD,
- RV Alkor, Baltic Sea, June 10 - June 21, 2010. Eddy correlation
- RV Celtic Explorer, North Sea, July 20 - Aug 14, 2009. CTD, Eddy
correlation landers, ADCP.
- RV Alkor, North Sea, October 8 - October 30, 2008. CTD, water
sampling, shipboard ADCP.
- RV Sonne, South Pacific, Jan 31 - Feb 25, 2007. CTD, methane
- RV Professor Vodyanitskiy, Black Sea, August 16 - 22, 2005. CTD,
- RV Professor Vodyanitskiy, Black Sea, May 25 - June 8, 2004.
Eawag Expedition leader.
- RV Istros, Danube River, Bazias to Orsova, Romania, October 14 -
19, 2001. ADCP.
Field work in Lake Glattalp, Switzerland.
RV Alkor (IFM-GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany).
Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland
Phone: +49 (0)1573 552 7522